Everyone loves going to the beach, from children to adults. What could be more fun…..wading, swimming, building sand castles, playing volleyball, or just relaxing and reading. However there are some dangers at the beach, but it is easy to prepare for these dangers and protect yourself and your loved ones. All you have to do is pack a few essentials and you are good to go!
1. Sun Screen – a good SPF15 with broad-spectrum or multi-spectrum protection for both UVB and UVA should be good for all but the most fair skinned. Don’t make the mistake of thinking that SPF 30 has twice the sun blocking of SPF15, in reality it blocks only 4% better.* It is also important that you know how and when to apply sunscreen. Check out the video below for tips on this.
2. Lip Protector – it is very important to protect your lips from the sun. Repeated exposure to the sun and getting sunburned has been linked to lip cancer, so using lip balm like Chapstick Ultra with SPF30, when at the beach is very important.
3. Flip Flops or Water Shoes – Wearing flip flops or water shoes at the beach and while swimming is imperative. Not only will it save your feet from being burned on the hot sand, but it will also protect you from stepping on things that can cut your feet like glass or metal hidden in the sand. Wearning them while swimming will protect your feet from stepping on any marine life that could bite or sting you and also from cutting your feet on rocks, shells or coral.
4. Waterproof Mascara – It is very hard to wear makeup at the beach. Foundation, blush and eyeshadow is sweated off, leaving you a streaked mess. However there is one makeup that you can wear to the beach and it will stay beautifully, even while swimming, and that is waterproof mascara, like Maybelline Lash Stiletto Waterproof Mascara.
5. Broad Brimmed Hat – A nice straw hat not only looks cute, but will shade your face from the sun and getting sunburned. This does not mean that you do not need to wear sunscreen!
6. Sunglasses – Sunglasses are important to protect your eyes
7. Magazines – Magazines are a better choice than a book because the reading is compartmentalized. You don’t have to concentrate as hard because there is no overall storyline, just short articles you can read as you keep an eye on things around you.
8. High Energy Snacks – The sun and swimming can drain your energy quickly, so it is always good to bring along some high protein snacks like nuts, trail mix or granola bars. They will help keep your energy level up so you won’t feel so exhausted when you get home from the beach.
9. Clock or Watch – It is important to keep an eye on the time. Too much time in the water or on the beach will lead to sunburn or worse. It is better to stay out of the sun during the middle of the day when the rays are at their strongest.
10. Cooler Full of Ice and Water Bottles – The best way to stay hydrated is to drink water. It is especially important when you are sweating continually. Water out, water in……remember this when you go to the beach!
Pack your bag with the above items and be comfortable in the fact you are prepared and safe for a fun day in the sun. Have a great day!
I love to write and create graphics. Come see both at my sites:
Homemade by Jade - my blog for homesteading -http://www.homemade-by-jade.com and Jadelynx Graphix - my site for social media graphics - http://jadelynxgraphix.weebly.com/ I also have a great holiday store online called Gifts for Holidays: http://www.gifts-for-holidays.com/
You can also find my writing on Webnuggetz, Daily Two Cents, Writedge and Honest Reviewz.